Sunday, November 22, 2009

NEVER TOO LATE FOR NAPA...

We're going to Napa in March!
It's meant to be!
Rob and I kept putting off signing up for the Carlsbad Marathon; we were waiting for the right time with to pay. Then I checked out the marathon website last week and it was SOLD OUT! I was so disappointed:( Rob was so happy! He couldn't wait to get back to weight-lifting. We even missed the famous "Train Run" this weekend due to fatigue on my part, a sore throat on his. More disappointment.
Then today I looked at all of the upcoming Marathons for 2010, and there it was...Napa Valley Marathon. It looked so intriguing...stay in a bed and breakfast, which provides a runners' breakfast at 4:30am race day, pasta feeds the night before, wine country and beautiful scenery!
It was perfect. and i didn't hestitate to sign up for this one, as I had the Carlsbad.
What could be more fun than a destination marathon? (well, maybe just the destination part)
I can't wait. And Rob will run me in the last 6 or so miles to keep me going! He's decided to continue running during the week with me (about 3 runs totalling 45-50 minutes apiece) and skip the long runs on the weekends, and religiously get back to his lifting routine.
So here's the next question: who wants to come to napa in march???
It's the perfect weekend getaway! You can come and enjoy the wineries (we can fit 3 others in our car) and the hotels/b&b are not priced too outrageously....at least consider it and give it a few days of thought...and you can join me in the pasta feed, PLUS you won't have to get up until 10am because I won't be finishing before that! All i want to see is your face somewhere along the course cheering and it will make my day!!

1 comment:

Pauline Wiles said...

Hi! I just found you through a blog search of others training for Napa. I'm signed up and it's my first marathon; last night I had to force myself out the door for a 7 mile run so I thought I'd look for others in the same boat!

http://speedstruggler.blogspot.com/