Tuesday, October 6, 2009

SIT, FIDO, SIT!

It's October and the weather is GREAT! it feels like fall, but when i went running today, it felt so refreshing!
I've started a mindfulness based stress-reduction class that i attend for 8 weeks.
I'm excited, and feeling good. It involves meditation, breathing methods, and more.
Though the running has helped with some of my anxiety, the class should help me deal with it too. Now the most important part is practicing at home, which i haven't started. Setting aside 45 minutes to meditate is harder than it sounds. especially for someone who has trouble sitting still!
I can read, run, sleep, do just about anything for at least 45 minutes; the real challenge will be taking time alone for myself and doing NOTHING.

On another note, Rob and I are planning to fly home for christmas (yay!!) and spend half of the time with my family, the other half with his. I can't WAIT! i've missed having christmas eve/christmas day with my family! it's the best time of year, it feels so homey and comfortable, and warm inside on a cold day and night! i really cannot wait.

=)
kt

2 comments:

ShanCorc said...

Yes!! You are coming home for Christmas....that is super exciting! I know you have a ton of people to see, so I hope I make it on the list!! I owe you since you came to see me at the marathon.

AutumnSno said...

I'm so proud of you!!! I do short guided meditations, it really helps with negative energy :D